Gang Activity

2/25/12- Sorrower, Dead canyon, Monger @ filthy French Pavilion, Tempe,AZ

2/27/12- Casualties, Toxic Holocaust, Landmine Marathon @ clubhouse, Tempe, AZ

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

they finally ARISE!


Before this tour, the last time AMEBIX played live I was in my front yard in West Phoenix, Arizona playing with Bluegrass, my favorite character from Silver Hawks, which i was lucky enough to have his action figure. I dont think that has anything to do with this show per say, except Bluegrass did have a mohawk under his cowboy hat.

In all seriousness this reunion is as big of a deal (if not bigger) as the earlier reunions of bands such as Carcass and At the Gates, which were not only successful, but highly entertaining. I wasnt sure what to expect from this show, since they had long disbanded .Luckily Amebix has proven to be just as powerful now as ever, and put on one of the best performances I have seen by any band January 27th 2009 in Seattle,WA at Neumos. I do wish i could have gotten better footage of Amebix, but the place erupted while they played.







In the current state of crust being mostly cookie cutter and cliche, I feel lucky to have seen this band from Vancouver BC. These guys are fucking ferocious. I recommend checking these guys out especially live. They have some quality splits out with Stormcrow and Warfair?




TRAGEDY




One of the best things about living in Portland is that this band is local. Probably the best band in HC right now.





AMEBIX




Its like they spent the last 20 years practicing. These guys sounded amazing. I'm kinda speechless.


No comments: