Gang Activity

2/25/12- Sorrower, Dead canyon, Monger @ filthy French Pavilion, Tempe,AZ

2/27/12- Casualties, Toxic Holocaust, Landmine Marathon @ clubhouse, Tempe, AZ

Friday, November 14, 2008

GRRRRRRRL Power


Before I mention the show I am gonna put a spotlight on the hero of the night, my friend, Stephen the Angry Vegan, who is actually a happy vegan. Its like if someone calls me slim, ya know. With a broken leg and on crutches he climbed a great mountain to attend this show, and when I say mountain, I mean stairs. So below is a picture of the mighty Angry Vegan who conquered the mighty staircase of Rotture, even when physically broken.



This was the first time I had seen or heard Goatsoldiers. I'd known that Cal was in the band so I wanted to check them out. When i say the electric-acoustic bass I did sort of a double take, but it didnt sound bad. These guys had some good songs, I look forward to hearing more in the future.





I can't believe this was the first time I had seen Transient. The frontperson starts the set speaking almost uncomfortably shy and extremely polite, but as soon as the first note hits she basically grinds your fucking face off. Rad band, fucking brutal.




Its always good to see fellow Arizonans in Portland, especially when they rule like these guys. They have the 4 ingredients that make a band worth watching . These ingredients are
1. sweet riffs
2. brutal vocals
3. beards
4. Ryan Butler
I recorded their entire set so i didnt really get live photos, instead I decided to post pictures of them eating veggie hot dogs, which is just as brutal.












No comments: